JOB VACANCY: Community & Social Manager
Altra inspires people to run beyond their limits. Through our communities stories, we can inspire other runners to not only make a change to Altra, but to enjoy the beauty of running on the road or in the mountains.
The Altra Community and Social Manager is responsible for managing athlete relationships, developing the written content and driving communications for the business. This is a broad range of short and long-form content that includes writing and developing copy across product descriptions, marketing emails, social media posts, and editorial features.
The candidate will be an integral part of a small team that loves our brand, and loves this industry!
The successful candidate is:
- An experienced ultra distance runner (road and trail)
- Flexible to travel country wide to events and brand activations
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
- Has a strong understanding and previous experience in digital platforms e.g., Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
- The ability to focus on 2-3 brands within the company
- Be punctual and work in an efficient manner to meet deadlines
- Highly organised with a meticulous attention to detail
- Has a strong knowledge of Altra products
- Has their own transport
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Manage the ambassador team
- Arrange team events
- Interact with the team
- Attend to requests & queries
- Create authentic social media content to engage with the running community
- Travel to key events and provide support to athletes and runners
- Engage with the running community by being present at informal group runs, and club runs
- Plan and execute brand activations
- Conduct retailer store visits and be in charge of training the sales teams on new products
- Present detailed weekly reports relating to feedback, comments and social engagements.
- Be the nicest most authentic guy/girl on the trail.
It would be advantageous but not necessary for you to have the following skills:
- Experienced photographer
- Photo and video editing experience
- Speak more than 1 language
- Prior experience with Shopify
- Strong knowledge of the running shoe industry (other than Altra)
- Travel Allowance
- Event entry allowance
- Petrol allowance.
- Running gear allowance
If you’re “The One”, and are excited to be working in a small and rapidly growing team, please email us your CV + answers to the questions listed below to: HR@altrafootwear.co.za
ALTRA JOB QUESTIONAIRE:
- WHATS YOUR FLAVOUR: ROAD OR TRAIL?
- NAME YOUR LAST 3 PAIRS OF RUNNING SHOES
- DO YOU BELONG TO ANY RUNNING CLUBS OR ARE YOU AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF A LOCAL RUNNING GROUP? IF SO, PLEASE PROVIDE DETAILS
- WHAT RACES ARE YOU PLANNING ON TAKING PART IN IN 2021?
- WHERE DO YOU BUY YOUR RUNNING GEAR?
Due to the high volumes of applications, please accept our apologies for not being able respond to each and every one of you. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not heard back from us in 10 working days.